Awesome Wedding Cake Alternatives!!!

I'm really excited to share today's posting with you! As a bride-to-be, I'm still trying to figure out what to do regarding our wedding cake. I'm not a huge cake fan...I prefer ice cream, candy, pretty much any other kind of sweet than cake. I'm also not a huge fan of paying $5-10 a slice for something I probably won't have more than a bite of! I was doing some research last night and came across these deliciously amazing "wedding cake alternatives" - check them out:




The first two images are of Croquembouche. Croquembouche is a French dessert traditionally served at weddings. It's a tower made of profiteroles (pastries filled with cream) that are "glued" together with butter and carmel (yum!). The third image is, obviously, of chocolate covered strawberries. A local Chicago bakery, House of Fine Chocolates, creates "Strawberry Trees" - towers made of chocolate covered strawberries. I think I'm officially in heaven! I'll keep everyone posted on what we decide to do for our big day...at this point I'm still considering the all-white, all-coconut options I posted about last week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment