Postscript

P.S. The funniest thing about My Wedding Story (okay, "funny" isn't the right word) is the irony of the whole situation. I'm not a huge risk taker...hence the Midwest location, church ceremony (indoor) and country club venue (indoor). I was going out on a limb to suggest that, weather permitting, we could have our cocktail hour outside on the patio! Who would have thought that the one and only "natural disaster" that could happen in the middle of June in Chicago would...a power outage. The possibility never even crossed my mind. I thought I was pretty safe with the fact we had no potential risks for hurricanes, earthquakes, volcanoes, snow and so on. It could have rained, but it didn't even do that!

Do you have a similar "wedding story" to share? I'd love to bond with some fellow brides...

3 comments:

Becky, Grant, Penelope and Reagan said...

The only three bad things to happen on our wedding day were...
1. My Grandma showed up 30 minutes late to the ceremony, so I waited in the basement and the ceremony didn't start until she arrived and...
2. The church's a/c wasn't working...it was really hot! One of my bridesmaids almost passed out and...
3. My photographer ran out of batteries for his camera during the reception. He left the reception to drive to get batteries...without telling me. We had to wait to do the first dance, father/daughter dance and mother/son dance...I was not happy. However, I managed to get a full refund for my photography services (including the digital negatives and 3 photo albums!).

Mel said...

Oh girl! Nothing is perfect...but yours is quite a story. ;)

My nephew/ring bearer fell up the stairs while we were walking into the church and scraped up his face. He was crying and bleeding.

My now MIL didn't come to the rehearsal/rehearsal dinner, refused to take photos with my hubby, sat in the back of the church with her arms crossed and turned her back on me and walked away when I tried to say hello to her after the ceremony. (I haven't shared these awful details on my blog because frankly, I would just like to forget them.) She didn't like where we chose to have some of the wedding events so she apparently decided to make our day about her and act like a child. We ignored her after that point and the hubs is not talking to her still. What a way to start out a great relationship with the MIL, right?

Anonymous said...

I just want everyone to know the day turned out absolutely amazing...Kelly was a gorgeous bride and handled all of these bumps so well (and I've known her since 7th grade!)...it was an absolute honor to stand up for her on her wedding day. Muah!

Post a Comment