Making a House a Home

No matter where you live... apartment, condo, 2-story house or mega-mansion... it's important to transform the space into your home. I'm probably not the first to say that the transformation process is a tough one... and don't believe anyone that tells you it is super easy or super fast. One of my favorite blogs, Brooklyn Limestone, takes you through the entire process for one NY couple, and they are going on year 3! In my experience, the transformation process is fun and fulfilling, but definitely takes time.

Luke and I have been in our 2B/1B condo in Chicago for almost three years. We've had a lot of memories in our first place, including getting engaged, planning a wedding and getting married. After all of the wonderful shower and wedding gifts came through, we had so many amazing decorative items and pieces of furniture to work with. Here's where we were about a year ago. The following photos are of our dining room today, which happens to be my favorite room in our home. It's taken us about 2.5 years to figure it all out, but I can finally say that it's perfect. I'm truly excited to go home everyday. Now I'm bugging the hubby about needing more space and possibly moving. Not so sure that's going to happen, but I'm always up for the next challenge...

Allegro Dining Table (w/ extension) - Crate & Barrel
Bamboo placemats - Crate & Barrel
Green Leopard Chair - Craigslist; Dining Room Chairs (Set of 4) - Chicago Antique Market
Handmade Pillow, by Me! - Sewing 101 @ The Needle Shop
Mahogany Buffet - Crate & Barrel
Various Decanters - Crate & Barrel
Botanical Framed Prints - HomeGoods
Martha Stewart "French Knot" Fine China - Macy's
Martha Stewart "Garland Moss" Fine China - Macy's
Chandelier - Gallery 802

0 comments:

Post a Comment