I'M BACK!!!

Hello everyone...I'm finally back! I've enjoyed an amazing 5 week break, but I'm so excited to get back into the swing of things at Keg Design. Summer is also in full swing in Chicago, and I've been taking advantage of the great weather. Here's a recap of the last month and a half...I've definitely kept myself busy.

In late May, my brother attended his Senior Prom. You better believe Luke and I were there for the pre-party festivities and picture-taking at my parent's house. Don't they make a cute couple? I love the vintage style dress and color coordination.


In early June, it was time for Cody's high school graduation. The ceremony was supposed to take place outside (on the football field), but due to a last minute weather scare, the school moved it inside. OMG, it was HOT in the gym! Really hot. The event brought back many memories of H.S. for me since I attended the same school ten years ago. My reunion is coming up this fall...oh boy!


My Mom and I traveled to Italy for about 2 weeks in June... it was an A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. trip! Seriously, everyday I'm at work I dream that I was back in Italy sipping champagne for lunch. I guess I'll just have to keep dreaming. Our first leg of the trip was Florence, my favorite Italian city. I studied there during college, so I know my way around pretty well. We did lots of shopping, eating, drinking and walking... and of course some sightseeing too.


From Tuscany, we traveled north to the Italian Riveria. We stayed in a small beach town called Santa Margherita Ligure. It was absolutely beautiful. We were about an hour north of Cinque Terre, which we visited via the "awesome" Italian train system (insert sarcasm). The scenery in this region is just breathtaking... mountains, greenery, water, flowers and more. More details to follow.


When I returned to the States, Luke and I celebrated our ONE YEAR wedding anniversary. We went to North Pond, a local hot spot for brunch, and enjoyed mimosas and yummy food. Our anniversary also happened to fall on Father's Day this year, so we headed out to my parent's house in the evening for dinner. I'll recap our 1 year old cake "tasting" soon!


I think I've already mentioned how fabulous the weather has been this summer. I mean, we've had our fair share of rain and storms, but we've also had some perfect weekends full of blue skies and abundant sunshine. Luke and I have been taking Murphy, our black lab, to the dog beach as much possible. He loves it!


I've also been fortunate to spend a good amount of time with friends this summer. We've celebrated birthdays, newborns and other big milestones. Here's a group shot from Luke's Birthday party last week.


This past weekend, I hosted a bachelorette party at my house. It was for my dear friend, Kim, who is getting married this August. Her MOH's helped me decorate, and I made some awesome white sangria for the party. We had such a blast (as you can see from the clothesline of lingerie!), that I was still recuperating from the festivities on Monday.


So, what have you been up to lately? I'd love to hear all about it. Comments! Comments! Comments! It's been so long since I've blogged that I think I have a serious case of blogger withdrawal. Keep checking back frequently because I have so many new things to blog about. Can't wait to catch up...

2 comments:

Pink Tulip said...

Welcome back sweetie! The images look great. I'm glad you had a fantastic vacation. I'm getting married in 9 days. Can you believe it? I'm racing against time to get all of the final details covered. BUT I am soo excited to see my family next week, as well as going to Maui for my honeymoon with my love.
I'm looking forward to reading more of your updates. Thank you!

Becky, Grant, Penelope and Reagan said...

Welcome back! My little brother graduated this year from my old HS too! It's crazy to think that while he's graduating I'm celebrating my 10 reunion just like you!

I looks like you've been super busy during your blogger break! :)

Post a Comment