AEppelTreow Winery

A few weeks back I was searching for wineries in Wisconsin (why do most of them seem to be in Michigan?) and stumbled across AEppelTreow Winery in Burlington, Wisconsin. They're located on the same property as Brightonwoods Orchard and call themselves an artisan cidery & distillery. Upon further research, I found that AEppelTreow uses local apple crops to make hard ciders, orchard table wines, sparkling champagnes, fruit dessert wines and unique spirits. We were in! We went on a Saturday and between Luke and I, got to try 10 different products (sample policy = 5 per person for free, $5 beyond that). They offered generous pours and the staff was super friendly. We ended up taking home a 4-pack of Bunting Berry-Apple Cider as well as a bottle of Pommeaux Apple Dessert Wine. Both did not disappoint! I think I went through the bottle of Pommeaux in less than a week (oops) - I want to go back for more! I would highly recommend AEppelTreow to anyone in the Chicago/Milwaukee area looking for an aunthentic winery experience. For more info and photos, check out their Facebook page.

Photos ©2011 Keg Design

2 comments:

Terese said...

great photos! looks like a fun weekend trip.

Mel said...

Looks gorgeous. Also, who doesn't love a good cider?! Yum!

Post a Comment