Recap: Photo Booth Art

I'm so giddy about the new art piece hanging up in our condo - it makes me smile every time I walk by! When Luke and I decided to have a photo booth at our wedding reception, I knew I had to do something cool with the photos...albums are nice, but they get looked at once or twice and are put away never to come out again. I wanted something creative and different. I came up with the idea of having our photo booth strips placed into one, large frame in a montage-like style. I wanted it to feel organic and playful. I started to investigate doing the whole project myself, but decided it was best left to the experts. I'm glad I did, as it ended up being a 50x30 inch size piece (aka: huge)!

The contrast of the playful pictures with the ornate frame is perfect for our home. I think the black and white color of the piece also keeps it feeling sophisticated. When it arrived last weekend, we had the perfect spot in our hallway for it - I feel like we have a mini art gallery in our condo now! This project was the first time in which I used a high end framing studio to do the labor for me. I got to pick out the frame from a million options (so fun!) and decide on all the little details. The price tag wasn't very budget friendly, but I'm absolutely thrilled with the end result. I can't wait to go home tonight and take another look...

5 comments:

Mel said...

I LOVE that frame. What a great idea!

Abbie said...

It came out great! Even though it wasn't budget friendly, you'll have it forever... totally worth it!

NuFlaiir - Planning a Destination Wedding said...

I am really thinking about having a photobooth on my wedding too. They are so much fun...

I agree with you about the albums, but honestly, I never thought of having the pictures on my wall like that. What a fantastic idea!!!!

It came out awesome. Thanks for sharing.
-lilian-

nancy {So Happi Together} said...

My friend just forwarded your blog to me because I was just married in June as well and have been looking for a way to display our photobooth pics! Thanks for the great idea! ;)

Jordan said...

I love it!!! Can't wait to see it tomorrow :-)

Post a Comment