Liberty

I just returned from a week in Boston (hence the lack of postings lately). I'd never been to Boston before and I absolutely fell in love with the city. I was in town for work, so I had the opportunity to stay at The Liberty Hotel. If you're planning on going to Boston soon, I'd definitely recommend staying at this hotel or at least stopping by for dinner and a few drinks. Scampo, one of the hotel's restaurants, was voted in the top 20 restaurants in the USA (2008) by Esquire. The food was absolutely amazing - I'm still dreaming about the mozzarella bar and lobster!


The Liberty is unique because it actually used to be an old jail. Originally built in 1851, the structure is quite amazing. The last prisoners were moved out in 1990, and in 2001 construction started on the hotel. For more details on the restoration, go here. The property has played up its unique characteristics with such things as a restaurant called Clink that still has old jail bars and cells!


This past weekend there was a wedding taking place in the hotel. The Liberty's banquet room is a unique mix of old charm and modern decor (photo above). The colors are vibrant and inviting. For more details on the venue check out the hotel's website or this local Boston blog.


On top of being a great hotel (phenomenal food, service and people watching!), the Liberty sits on Charles Street at the beginning of Beacon Hill. Beacon Hill is one of the most quaint, charming neighborhoods I've seen - very European! I instantly fell in love with the cobblestone streets, cafés, antique shops and beautiful homes. I can't wait to go back!
(Photo Credits: libertyhotel.com and Keg Design)

0 comments:

Post a Comment