Nashville, ya'll!

The hubby and I visited Nashville, Tennessee back in July. It was our first time in the Music City and we really enjoyed ourselves. We stayed downtown and hit-up all of the famous southern restaurants and bars... including Lonnie's Western Room. Although I'm not a huge fan of country music, I loved the spirit and vibe of this small city. It's fun, upbeat and very friendly. Unfortunately the Grand Ole Opry was closed for construction purposes, so we didn't get to visit.


During our stay, we also visited Belle Meade Plantation. It's about a 20 minute drive from downtown Nashville. It's a beautiful place full of SO MUCH history. We walked around the grounds, visited the winery and took a tour of the mansion. I was really excited when I saw that they were setting up for a wedding later that evening. Of course I took some photos (see below). After further investigation, I learned that wedding ceremonies take place in the Boxwood Garden (on grounds) and reception parties are held in the Carriage House and Stables. For more information on event packages go here.








Are you in love yet? Wait until you see these professional photos I found of other weddings that took place at Belle Meade Plantation. Check out how the moss-topped barn from above is the backdrop in the ceremony photos below. And how awesome is the Carriage House? I'm pretty sure that a wedding in spring, summer or fall would be absolutely beautiful here. Images from Dove Wedding Photography and Gray Photography. What a great venue with tons of southern charm!






1 comments:

Terese said...

awesome city. my brother and sister-in-law live in knoxville and i'm always trying to get them to move west to nashville!

Post a Comment