Real Wedding: Amy & Marc

I had the pleasure of designing Amy and Marc's wedding programs, menu cards and table numbers. The couple was an absolute delight to work with, and I was so excited when Amy agreed to let me share some of her wedding photos on Keg Design. Here's her wedding story...

Marc and I were married June 5, 2010 at St. Maria Goretti church in Dyer, IN. We picked our wedding day because it fell between our parents’ wedding anniversaries and we wanted our wedding to be a celebration of our lives joining as one. I can’t begin to tell you about the range of emotions I felt on our wedding day... I was nervous because this was the biggest day of my life to date. I was excited because I was marrying the love of my life. I was anxious to see Marc and start our life together. Not to mention, I’m a crier, so sometimes my emotions get the best of me.




Family and friends mean the world to us, so it was important that they share in this day with us. We wanted to do something different than the typical wedding program, so we included a “bio” on each member of our wedding party. We wanted to make it personal, and wanted our guests to know why these people were so special to us. With the help of Keg Design, we came up with the perfect wedding program.

We are blessed to have such adorable nieces and nephews, so it was a no brainer to have them in our wedding party. We knew our flower girls would look like little princesses, and every princess needs a wand, so our florist, A Stem Above, created a wand for each of them to carry down the aisle.




Our favorite part of the day was our ceremony…by far. We were married by Father Dindo Billote, a family friend of Marc’s since forever. Father gave Marc and I homework before our wedding: he asked Marc and I to write letters to each other about why we wanted to marry each other, how our lives have changed since meeting, and how we see our future together. He said he may take some quotes from our letters and use those in the homily. Well, he quoted our entire letters! (Well, only half of mine because it was so long! Ha!)



Check back tomorrow for Part II of Amy and Marc's wedding. Photos by Paul Yamashiro.

1 comments:

Terese said...

i love the programs!

Post a Comment